Jessica is a civil litigation attorney whose practice includes a broad range of cases including defense of professional liability, construction defect, care facility, and other civil litigation matters. Jessica advises clients on insurance coverage matters including issues involving bad faith. She also represents dental, mental health, and other licensed professionals before their professional licensing boards. She has been involved in all aspects of litigation through appeals, and has appeared on behalf of clients in state and federal court and in administrative matters.
She grew up on a farm in Central Minnesota where her Dad was in construction and her Mom was a medical professional. From this experience, she developed an interest in these industries and a deep understanding of the issues they face. Her work ethic and unique perspective allow her to obtain favorable results when representing her clients.
In her spare time, Jessica enjoys boating, cooking, and reading.
Jody L. Fronek
- Minnesota, 2004
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2007
- Wisconsin, 2015
- Author, Coming Soon To A Civil Case Near You, Minnesota Defense, Spring 2013.
- Author, Navigating Minnesota’s New First-Party Bad Faith Law, Minnesota Defense, 2008.
- Author, Five Simple Steps to a Successful Deposition, Hearsay, 2008
- Co-Author, Advice for Goldilocks When Hiring Good Help: Don’t Ask Too Much; Don’t Ask Too Little, Minnesota Defense, 2007
- Author of bi-weekly updates of Minnesota legislation during the legislative session to the Defense Research Institute for publication in its weekly online publication, The Voice, 2008 – 2011.
- Speaker, Ten Things Every Lawyer Should Know About the New Amendments to the Minnesota Rules of Civil Procedure and General Rules of Practice for the District Courts, CLE hosted by the Ramsey County Bar Association, 2013.
- J.D., Hamline University of School of Law, 2004
- Co-recipient, CALI Award, Commercial Real Estate Transactions
- B.A., University of Minnesota, History, summa cum laude, 2000
- Listed in Minnesota Super Lawyers – 2021
- Listed in Minnesota Rising Stars – 2008-2010, 2014-2018
Associations & Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Successfully defended dentists, licensed psychologists, licensed marriage and family therapists, licensed professional clinical counselors, licensed independent clinical social workers, chiropractors and other professional clients before their respective professional licensing boards.
- Obtained a defense verdict at trial for trucking client in connection with a motor vehicle accident.
- Successfully opposed motions for partial summary judgment on behalf of subcontractor clients involving general contractors’ requests for defense and indemnification pursuant to subcontract agreements.
- Obtained summary judgement for group home for damages to trees caused by resident. The tree owner had claimed damages in excess of $8,000,000.
- Briefed and successfully argued appeal before the Minnesota Court of Appeals in an insurance coverage case.