Peter has over twelve years of civil litigation experience focusing on personal injury/wrongful death, property damage, subrogation, and insurance coverage litigation. He is admitted in Minnesota, U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, and the 8th Circuit Court of Appeals.
The bulk of his practice is focused on aviation law, motor vehicle accident litigation, and premises liability. Peter frequently represents aviation insurers, pilots, aircraft owners, aerial applicators, flight schools, fixed-base operators, mechanics/A&Ps, as well as flightline and airport service providers. In addition, he regularly represents motor vehicle owners, operators, and insurers as well as commercial trucking operations. Peter also handles product liability matters, construction defect claims, and probate and estate litigation (with special emphasis on heirship disputes).
Peter has spoken at CLEs on aviation law and insurance law, and has had articles published in the Southern Methodist University Journal of Air Law & Commerce and Minnesota Defense. He is a contributing author of Chapter 16 (UM/UIM coverage) of the Minnesota Insurance Law Deskbook. He was selected as a Minnesota Rising Star in 2021 and 2022.
Peter is a graduate of St. Olaf College and the William Mitchell College of Law. After graduating from law school Peter practiced with his father at Johnson & Lindberg, P.A., with both eventually joining Cousineau, Van Bergen, McNee & Malone, P.A. in 2017.
When not at the office, he enjoys mountain biking and spending time with his wife and two sons.
Jody L. Fronek
- Minnesota, 2010
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota, 2011
- 8th Circuit Court of Appeals 2016
- Educational Malpractice and the Liability of Flight Training Providers, 79 Journal of Air Law & Commerce 463 (Summer 2014)
- Joint and Several Liability in the Context of Lambertson Contribution Actions: Third-Party Defendants May Now Breathe Easier, Minnesota Defense, Vol. 36, Issue 3 (Fall 2015).
- Co Author, Same As it Ever Was: Lambertson Contribution in a Post-Fish v. Ramler World, Minnesota Defense Vol. 41, Issue 1 (Spring 2020).
- Educational Malpractice and the Liability of Flight Training Providers, 48TH Annual Southern Methodist University Air Law Symposium, 2014
- Defining “Occurrence” Sufficient to Trigger Coverage, Busy Lawyers Series: What Every Business and Real Estate Attorney Should Know About Insurance Coverage, July 2016
- J.D., William Mitchell College of Law, cum laude, 2010
- B.A., St. Olaf College, magna cum laude, 2005
- Listed in Minnesota Rising Stars – 2021
Associations & Memberships
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Peter second chaired a successful jury trial on a motor vehicle accident claim in early 2012.
- Peter successfully argued before the Minnesota Court of Appeals in 2015 on a breach of contract and auctioneer’s liability action in 2015.