Kimberly has been practicing in both state and federal courts as a civil litigator for the past twenty-three years, representing primarily businesses and insurance companies in the defense of a variety of claims. A large portion of her practice is focused on personal injury defense involving premises and motor vehicle liability claims. Kimberly is a 2023 Super Lawyer in the area of personal injury defense. She also has extensive experience with defending medical malpractice claims, employment discrimination, insurance coverage, insurance fraud, and Consumer Creditor claims defense. She has also defended and pursued Minnesota Fair Campaign Practices Act claims.
Besides litigation, Kimberly has counseled businesses on a variety of areas including employment matters, contract review, and policy issues with an eye toward avoiding litigation. Kimberly has also represented individuals and businesses in pre-suit negotiations of disputes in the aforementioned areas.
Kimberly brings a common sense business approach to her practice in part due to her professional experience prior to becoming a lawyer. She spent 10 years managing large groups of people and departments in the areas of customer service, collections, accounting, technical service, and human resources in the Cable Television industry. This practical business experience has given her the tools necessary to really listen and understand her clients’ business interests and concerns.
In her free time, Kimberly enjoys watching old movies, Britbox, and Acorn; reading mysteries and English history; participating in the same book club for over thirty years; and like any good Minnesotan, spending a week at “the lake;” as well as attending game nights, and playing Trivia in local bars with friends and family. She is not competitive at all.
Susie L. Parks
- Minnesota, 1998
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 2000
- Wisconsin, 2017
- J.D., University of Minnesota Law School, cum laude, 1998
- B.A., University of Minnesota, summa cum laude, 1994
Associations & Memberships
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Defended care homes and treatment centers in complex medical negligence cases.
- Over twenty-three years of personal injury defense experience from start of litigation to resolution whether by settlement, motion practice, or trial.
- Arbitrated many no-fault insurance claims as well as claims between insurance companies.
- Involved as first chair and second chair in two premises liability matters that were tried to completion before juries with a defense verdict in one and minimized damages in the second.
- Successfully tried a Fair Election Practices Act claim to the Office of Administrative Hearings.
- Successfully settled various Fair Credit Reporting Act, Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and Telephone Consumer Protection Act claims.
- Resolved employment discrimination law claims both through litigation and administrative investigations with the Department of Human Rights and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.